Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MySpace provides insight

So be careful what you post on it, if you have a page. If you get in the news, people will read it.

Remember that woman who was arrested for trying to sell her children into sexual slavery? WOAI-TV has been reading her MySpace stuff, and the station is reporting what they have found.

Jennifer Richards' MySpace page paints a picture of a very caring mother.

The page quotes the 25-year-old mother as saying "When I am not working, I am spending time with my beautiful daughters," and "I am very blessed to have such wonderful kids in my life." Under 'children', the page reads "proud parent."

Despite her comments, Richards is accused of wanting to sell her 5-year-old daughter to an alleged child molester.

...

Richards moved to San Antonio in November of 2007. She got a job as a server at the Cheesecake Factory at North Star Mall, where met [sic] and started dating Sean Block. Block is also accused of taking part in the sex plan.

In an affidavit obtained by News 4, Richards was supposed to get a car, a furnished apartment, and some money in trade for sex with her daughter. But the buyer turned out to be an F.B.I. informant.


Gross.

I've eaten at the restaurant where she worked, but I don't think it has been since last November. I shudder to think she might have handled my food.

2 comments:

Kels said...

I was absolutely disturbed by that news story... It's horrifying to think that someone could do that to their kids... I could never do that (and I don't even have kids yet)...I stand by my "some people just shouldn't have children," comment...!

Keith Alan K said...

Reminds me of the movie 'Parenthood', when Keanu Reeves's character Tod says: "You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father."