Friday, November 28, 2008

People in San Antonio are surprised by a coyote

And what's strange is that they are actually surprised to see one.

SAN ANTONIO -- A coyote is causing parents in a North Side neighborhood to worry. Rumors of it have popped up over the past couple months and now neighbors aren't sure how to get rid of it.

The coyote has been spotted several times in the neighborhood but many people didn't believe it until a picture was taken.

(from WOAI-TV)

Ha! I've been seeing coyotes in this town for years. Get used to 'em, folks. They can thrive in an environment like San Antonio, and they ain't going away anytime soon. Just be careful around them, just as you would any other wild animal with sharp teeth.

4 comments:

AlanDP said...

Sometimes I think people walk around with bags over their heads. They are so clueless regarding what's going on around them.

Also I've never understood the "if I don't see it, it must not be there" mentality.

By the way, my dad took a picture of a red fox with a trail cam on his place between Seguin and Stockdale. First red fox we've seen in over 30 years.

Albatross said...

I've seen red foxes from time to time, specifically in the northwestern areas of town. The last one I saw was a few years ago. He was running across the access road of IH-10 in the vicinity of Leon Springs.

muse said...

Last week I saw three of them dead on the same road...they are traveling in packs in the canyon.

The Christian Man said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.