Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bull riding in front of the Alamo

Argh! How could I not know this was going on? How cool and bizarre at the same time.

From the The Downtown Blog at the Express-News:

I didn't know what to expect when I heard the Houston Street Fair & Market would host bull riding in front of the Alamo.

I have to say, that was a lot of fun.

The biggest obstacle Saturday was the heat. But nobody seemed to mind from my vantage point on the bleachers during the 2 p.m. session.

Organizers handed out fans. There were plenty of places to grab drinks. There were people everywhere.

My only criticism was that organizers should have opened the viewing area even more. The gaps in between and around the bleachers were clogged with people. At least everyone was extremely polite.

Check out the cool pictures at the link. Here's one:


3 comments:

Kels said...

Aw nuts! I'm serious when I say I miss ALL the good stuff that happens!!! :(

Dave said...

My wife and I were pretty upset that we missed it. We thought of going but then figured we had seen the Houston Street Fair before, what else might be there? Then we saw the thing about the rodeo. That would have been a hoot.

It isn't everyday you see people riding bulls in the middle of Alamo Plaza.

Oh well.

Shorty said...

I can't believe I missed this too, but then I've missed all but one of those Houston Street things.