Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Stooping really low

Stealing from an old lady is already a pretty crappy crime, but actually taking her wheelchair? That's a new low.

WOAI-TV reports:

A thief got away with an elderly woman's purse, keys, and wheelchair. But he may soon be caught because of what police now have.

The thief was caught on tape at a North Side Wal-Mart store. Wal-Mart has multiple cameras overlooking its store and parking lot.

"I thought it was really low stealing, someone stealing a wheelchair. Ya know?" said 78-year-old Joanne Bizzelle as she laughed.

...

Even though the cameras caught the thief in action Friday, Bizzelle would like the person who is responsible to come forward on his own.

"You're a low life...and I want my cards back," Bizzelle added.


Cards?! I assume she means credit cards, but she just may be talking about playing cards, for all I know.

No comments: