Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Parents and Sitter Blame Each Other For Baby's Injuries"

Someone's going to pay for this. I just wonder who it will be.

From WOAI-TV:

SAN ANTONIO, TX -- A 2-month-old baby was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries on Monday.

Police are trying to figure out who is responsible for abusing the baby, who has broken bones, bruises, and bleeding inside his skull.

The child's parents and his babysitter are putting the blame on each other. The boy is being cared for at Christus Santa Rosa Children's Hospital.

...

The babysitter said the child's mother dropped him off at her house and told her that the child had a fever. Doctors discovered the little boy had broken legs, head trauma, and bruises on his face and back.

"I'm not blaming her. It could have happened anyhow," said the babysitter. "I don't know. I don't know how that baby has broken legs and a fractured skull. But accidents happen."

...

"I'm afraid for my family and stuff. I don't want to be blamed for something I didn't do," explained the babysitter. "I tried to help her and that was it."


It seems a little odd that the babysitter is willing to talk to the news media while the mother remains silent. At least in this story.

No comments: