Thursday, September 20, 2012


Don't play with the rattlers!
Officials at a northeast-side school say students will be allowed to play at recess after a student was bitten by a rattlesnake at the playground after school on Wednesday.

Aubrey Chancellor, spokeswoman for the North East Independent School District, said the 8-year-old boy was bitten near the back of the playground at Longs Creek Elementary.

The boy was rushed to the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
(from KENS-5)

The school caught the snake and released it somewhere "far away from the school". That's too bad. They should have killed it and given the skin to the boy, so he can always remember. And so he can show his grandchildren the snake that wasn't snake enough to take him out, even as a kid.

No comments: