Saturday, September 08, 2012

Car crashes into house

And tries to throw investigators off its scent by taking out a fellow automobile
A car smashed into a house on the northeast side sending three people to the hospital.

It happened just before 1:30 Saturday afternoon at Somerset and Sunrise.

According to emergency responders the car ran right through the stop sign at the intersection, hit another car and slammed into a house.
(from WOAI-TV)

Bonus strangeness: Just now, when I went to type "WOAI", I caught myself starting to type "KMOL" instead. How weird is that? It's been a while since that station used those call letters. Is that some kind of subconscious long-term memory thing? Or am I just some old geezer remembering the old days?

I am genuinely curious.

3 comments:

AlanDP said...

Geezer!

Sabra said...

Well, that link clears up a lot for me. I was living out of state when the switch back to WOAI happened, and it threw me, because I'd had no idea of the history, and it doesn't go along with current naming conventions. I still call it KMOL half the time.

AlanDP said...

The FCC used to be extremely anal-retentive about callsigns, but in the last 20 years or so, they've just really slacked off and they let a lot of stuff go that would have never been allowed in the olden days. Used to be you could tell what class of operator a ham radio guy was by his callsign, but now you pretty much have to ask.