Monday, April 02, 2012

"Man shot in head while hunting vermin on San Antonio River"

Duck!
A man was rushed to the hospital early Monday morning after Bexar County deputies say he was shot in the head while hunting vermin along the San Antonio River near Braunig Lake.

Deputies said they received a call from a man around 4:40 a.m. saying his hunting partner has [sic] been shot while hunting on private property.

...

The men were first believed to be hunting for feral hogs, but deputies said the [sic] Davis's hunting partner then clarified that they were actually hunting vermin.
(from KENS-5)

I have to admit, I've never done any hunting at night (at least not with guns). Are the possums easier to hit in the dark?

I am genuinely curious.

1 comment:

AlanDP said...

You use a spotlight. However, it's too late in the year to take skins. It's possible they were hunting coyotes just for fun or to eliminate them. If I had a suspicious nature, and I do, I would guess they said "vermin" because hunting deer at 4:40 in the morning out of season can get you in big trouble.