Thursday, April 26, 2012

Car crashes into house

Apartment building, really. But you get the point.
The accident happened at the Hunter's Ridge Apartments located in the 2300 Block of Northwest Military.

Crystal Marcs said she was trying to make a left hand turn onto Northwest Military when a Ford Focus came speeding through the traffic light at Braesview.

"He was doing probably about 50 miles an hour and slammed right into the building," Marcs said.

The car ended up in the front door of one of the buildings at the apartment complex.
(from KSAT-12)


















I guess those bollards don't do much good, in real life. Or maybe they do. Maybe that car would have ended up doing a lot more damage without them.

But it seems there was definitely some damage going on inside the car as well.
Officers arrested the driver and found a large zip-lock bag of pot inside the car. Marcs said it appeared to her the teen was under the influence.

"When I asked him if was OK he was like, 'Oh my God, what did I do? Where am I?', I had to get his driver's license just to get his name," Marcs said.
Yes. Where are you, indeed.

No comments: