Monday, December 14, 2009

Taggin' your own place

If you are having trouble making ends meet, does it really make sense to tag your own home?

Really?
SAN ANTONIO -- A struggling homeowner got creative when she was faced with foreclosure.

"It says, Help! Foreclosure!," reads Mary Ann Herrera. "I painted it with three cans of spray paint."

Herrera got desperate after losing her administrative assistant job in March. When bills piled up, she fell into mortgage problems, and was a step away from losing her home.

"I didn't know if we were going to be homeless," she says.

Despite her painted plea, it took nearly eight months to get her loans modified.

(from WOAI-TV)




It's a sad situation, but people still need to remember that their actions affect others as well. Besides making her own house unattractive, this woman is also affecting her neighbors' home values, whatever they may be. And her efforts didn't seem to pay off.

I wish her the best, but I still can't abide graffiti.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I despise tagging. At least she painted it to be readable.

I'm sure her neighbors home values just soared with that piece of art in the hood.