Thursday, July 05, 2007

"Alligator Shot, Killed On South Side"

More gators are popping up on the South Side. This one didn't make it, though.

From KSAT-TV:

Several motorists driving near Loop 410 and Moursund saw the alligator before Nathan Garcia decided to take some video of the reptile.

"It was in the middle of the road," Garcia said. "I got out to take a video with my phone and it started hissing, so I jumped back in the truck, and that's when more cops started showing up."

Police officers managed to move the alligator off the road and then called the game warden, who killed the reptile across the street from an apartment complex in the 10000 block of Moursund Boulevard.

This may be the same alligator that gave the police a hard time back in April (it's the same area), but it may be another one. I'll have to start keeping a sharper eye out for big lizards the next time I'm down that way.

No comments: