Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Woman trapped for 34 hours in submerged car"

Holy cow! If you think something looks out of place, you might want to check it out. You could be saving someone's life.
[Nita] Dennis was on her way home to Carrizo Springs last Friday when she fell asleep at the wheel. Her car hit a concrete barrier on Highway 83 and landed in a creek filled with water.

"I don't even know how long I had been unconscious," Dennis told News 4 WOAI.

When she woke up, her leg was throbbing in pain, and she couldn't move.

"The whole car had crushed in around me," recalled Dennis.

To make matters worse, she was neck-deep in creek water.

"I remember looking to the sides of me on both sides, and I could actually see animals eating on me," Dennis said about the catfish who were in the water with her.

...

But it was 34 hours before help finally arrived.

"I'd seen feet come around," Dennis said. "And I'm like 'I'm here! I'm here!'"
(from WOAI-TV)

She was lucky. She was saved, and she had relatively minor injuries. But, oh, poor woman, will she ever be able to eat fried catfish again?

No comments: