Monday, January 18, 2010

"Three shot at Church's near finish line of MLK march"

Violence happened this MLK day.

Three people, including two teenagers, were shot at a Church's Chicken restaurant just steps from Martin Luther King Drive, where thousands of marchers walked Monday morning.

The shooting happened at near [sic] the intersection of Nevada and South New Braunfels Avenue at around 4:30 p.m. Monday.

Police say the violence is especially uncalled for on a day meant to honor Martin Luther King, Jr.

(from KENS-5)

I would say such violence is uncalled for on any day. But that's just me.

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Newp, I agree. The timing/proximity make it a little worse, though. Am I nostalgic, or did the thugs used to be able to hold it in a little better?

Anonymous said...

I think that that was totally uncalled for and on such a special day.... Today was meant to honor someone special MLK.....!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.