Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting ink

Today I saw a man with a neck tattoo. You know, the ones such guys put on the sides of their necks just above the collar line so their future job prospects are severely limited----those kinds. But this one particular tattoo was the three-digit number "210" in very large numerals. In Old English font, to boot. (I couldn't get a picture of the tattoo. I didn't have time to get my camera out. Sorry!)

Now, I know that the "210" is supposed to represent the San Antonio area code, and I know that it's somewhat popular for the youth of this nation to take great pride in their hometown by flashing around the area code they grew up with. But to get it tattooed on the neck?

What if he moves?

7 comments:

AlanDP said...

Probably a gang tat, to differentiate him from members of the same gang in other cities.

Sabra said...

Yeah, sadly I figure it's a gang tat as well.

Dave said...

You didn't happen to see the guy with the 210 tat on SW Military Drive hawking home made CD's for a buck, did you? Maybe it was Daddy-D! Best dollar I ever spent.

Albatross said...

I'm listening to Daddy-D right now!

What it is San Antonyo!
This is for you!
What it is San Antonyo!
This is for you!


Thanks for sharing, Dave. You got your dollar's worth, and so did we!

Anonymous said...

No one "from" San Antonio ever moves, ever, so his tat is safe. Unless they change it like they did a few years back. Then he's screwed.

Dave said...

What it is San Antonyo!
This is for you!
What it is San Antonyo!
This is for you!


That isn't even Daddy-D's best hit. He has a rather catchy tune that goes something like,

I'm looking at you
'cuz you're lookin' at me,
I'm looking at you
'cuz you're lookin' at me,
I'm looking at you
'cuz you're lookin' at me,
I'm looking at you
'cuz you're lookin' at me,
I'm looking at you
'cuz you're lookin' at me,
I'm looking at you
'cuz you're lookin' at me.

(repeat chorus)


This goes on until someone calls the cops.

Albatross said...

ROFL!!