Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"La Mariposa, Neighbors Reach Compromise"

KSAT-12 reports that City Councilwoman Lourdes Galvan has come to the rescue, brokering a truce between La Mariposa, the "Mexican Hooters", and the neighbors.

The owner of La Mariposa and members of the Avenida Guadalupe Neighborhood Association were met by District 5 City Councilwoman Lourdes Galvan, and compromises were agreed upon, according to a press release from Galvan.

Details of the agreement are expected to be announced Wednesday.


Thank heaven for politicians.

2 comments:

Kels said...

Well, I'll have to go here on a weekend... by way of my diet I don't have extra points to spend until the weekend... and I'd probably need a lot for anything at a mexican restaurant (maybe not a salad... but to be on the safe side) I'll have to see if I can make time this weekend, but there's so much going on already

Anonymous said...

I think it's a darn shame La Mariposa had to cave to a group that would never have eaten there in the first place! What of one's right to free speech? Shall we now close all Hooters because they're not "politically correct"?! Nothing but a bunch of haters that have nothing better to do...