Thursday, June 03, 2010

A man who should think. More often.

So you go to creep out your ex-girlfriend, and she calls the cops on you. What entirely appropriate action should you carry out to make your situation better? Well, how about calling her from jail to threaten her?

An arrest warrant affidavit states [Lamar Montiel] West's ex-girlfriend awoke to find him in her back yard in the 12600 block of Wilderness Trail last week. She called police, who found him in a nearby parking lot and arrested him for criminal trespass.

While he was in a holding cell at the city magistrate's office, West allegedly made threatening calls to the woman, she told police. According to the affidavit, the woman again called Live Oak police, who witnessed West's calls for themselves while they were taking her report.

He was calling her cell phone, the affidavit states, “and made threats to kill her if she did not drop the charges.”

(from the Express-News)

And the police will dutifully write down what they witness, as it happens, and that will help your case by ---- oh, wait ---- Never mind. Maybe you should put the phone down and call a lawyer instead.

(hat tip to The Pistolero)


the pistolero said...

HA!Somehow I KNEW you'd be on this, Albatross. BTW...I am in SA for good now. :-)

Albatross said...