Sunday, July 27, 2008

Cars keep crashing into houses

And one woman is tired of it.

WOAI reports:

An accused drunk driver jumps a curb, loses control, and slams into two houses, leaving a big mess for the people sleeping inside.

A woman who lives in one of those home told News 4, this isn't the first time an accident like this has happened, and she's had enough.

The crash happened along a stretch of East Southcross on the southeast side.

Ida Stubblefield said she got the rude awakening around 2 a.m. Saturday morning.

...

There has [sic] been four accidents like this one in the past two years. Three ended up in Stubblefield's front yard.

"After the third time it happened, I thought it was time to go" she said.

Stubblefield and her neighbor spent Saturday moving in to new apartments that are nowhere near that dangerous curve on East Southcross.


Can't say as I blame her for moving. But I still wonder, what did her house ever do to the cars?

2 comments:

Kels said...

"A woman who lives in one of those home told News 4"

"There has been four accidents like this one in the past two years."

It's not like I'm a teacher or anything... but I'm pretty sure this isn't correct grammar. I think I should try to become an editor for the news if I don't land a good job.

Albatross said...

Yeah, I should really add a "sic" in there.