Monday, April 04, 2011

"Wooden plank discovered in San Antonio boy's leg"

And by plank, they don't mean something larger than a board, they mean something much smaller.

More like a large splinter.
SAN ANTONIO -- Nine year old Ted Rodriguez was running after some fireworks when he tripped, causing a gash in his right leg on News Year's Eve.

"I was running with a stick," says the third grader. "I fell and it stabbed me, so I yanked it because I was so shocked."

He was rushed to Santa Rosa Hospital on the northwest side. Family members say doctors there stitched him up and sent him home. When the pain got worse, Ted came back for another diagnosis.

...

Doctors found a 3 by 1 inch wooden plank [sic] lodged inside Ted's right leg, just above his knee.
(from WOAI-TV)

Is it sweeps month, yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't think most splinters fill up a plastic cup.

Albatross said...

Neither do most planks. It calls for some term in between, but that term would describe something much closer to a splinter than a plank.

Pam said...

Still, it was big enough that they shouldn't have missed it the first time around! But, is this really worth putting on the news?