More like a large splinter.
SAN ANTONIO -- Nine year old Ted Rodriguez was running after some fireworks when he tripped, causing a gash in his right leg on News Year's Eve.(from WOAI-TV)
"I was running with a stick," says the third grader. "I fell and it stabbed me, so I yanked it because I was so shocked."
He was rushed to Santa Rosa Hospital on the northwest side. Family members say doctors there stitched him up and sent him home. When the pain got worse, Ted came back for another diagnosis.
Doctors found a 3 by 1 inch wooden plank [sic] lodged inside Ted's right leg, just above his knee.
Is it sweeps month, yet?