Thursday, April 21, 2011

"2 Injured After Car Flies Over Interstate"

Wow. They missed their calling.
The crash happened around 2:30 a.m. on Hackberry Road.

According to police, the driver was going more than 90 mphour before he reached a dead end at Hackberry and Interstate 35.

Officers said that's when the car hit the curb, flew over the center median of the interstate, a guardrail, three lanes of traffic and an access road.

The car finally came to a stop after it hit an embankment and rolled several times, police said.
(from KSAT-12)

I'm glad no one else was hurt, and I certainly hope those two pull through and straighten out their lives. And then I hope they apply for jobs as stunt drivers.

Take a look at this.



That's IH-35, and the orange marked bits are where Hackberry Street dead-ends onto the access road of the highway. (Yes, that's a school bus on the bottom access road, there.)

Now picture a car hitting that embankment so hard it clears the lanes of traffic.

Wow. Ninety miles an hour will do that, I suppose.

4 comments:

Sabra said...

I guess this had to have started farther west than we live, 'cause I didn't hear it. I've been awoken by street races before, though.

And I wonder if it's a coincidence that the neighbors haven't had their usual visitors today.

AlanDP said...

I wish I could've seen that from a safe distance.

Albatross said...

Can you imagine being one of the few people traveling down the highway at that time of night and seeing a car sailing overhead?

It might be enough to make one change their sobriety status.

Dave said...

It might be enough to make one change their sobriety status.

I would imagine that by the time that maneuver was complete, and the car came to a stop on the other side of the highway, sobriety had ensued!