Wednesday, November 03, 2010

"Cancer-Stricken Boy Asks Burglars Return Bible"

I know criminals have no compassion -- or at least very little -- but, c'mon! This isn't even human!
SAN ANTONIO -- Besides the usual loot taken by burglars -- electronics, jewelry, cash -- Betsy Kinsey said whoever broke into their Northeast side home last Friday stole a source of strength for her 12-year-old son, Stephen, who has non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

"It helps me a lot," he said.

His mother said Stephen, who had his first chemotherapy last Christmas, is looking at five years of cancer treatments.

Kinsey said her son told her, "Mommy, I wish they'd taken everything in my room and left my Bible."

...

"Bring my Bible back," Stephen said.

...

She said the thieves also stole from her daughter's diabetic supplies and her son's chemo medicine.
(from KSAT-12)

Unfortunately for that family, someone cold enough to steal diabetic supplies and chemo medicine is not going to have enough heart to return a book, so that kid will probably never see his bible again. But I certainly hope they get their medical supplies replaced soon.

No comments: