Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cactus and a tile

Here is a picture of a building at 217 West Travis Street (near Flores Street downtown).


It's an old building, and it looks pretty cool just sitting there among the tall buildings, but something unusual about the small structure caught my eye.



There's a potted plant at the apex of the roof line, and it's not just any potted plant. It is a cactus, which I guess is a good choice to put on the roof of a building as it wouldn't need to be watered except by the rain.
But, then, as I was zooming in to get a better picture of the potted cactus, I noticed something else that turned out to be pretty cool.


Under that cactus is a lone tile, a decorative tile. And it depicts a scene of reverence that is powerful in its simplicity and its barely accessible location.



It gave me a good feeling to have noticed it.

3 comments:

Dave said...

That s a beautiful tile. Strange that it hasn't been tagged. Or maybe not.

Kels said...

What a wonderful thing to come across... I'm sure it was difficult to see from the street... probably had to zoom in with the camera to really see it... which means, there's probably a reason that you were sent such a gift in that moment. :)

Albatross said...

Yeah, it was a little strange. I was trying to get a good shot of that cactus, and I didn't even notice the tile until I was checking out the previews of the pics I had just taken. Then I zoomed in some more to get a better shot.

That just goes to show: You never know where something cool will turn up. You just have to keep your eyes open.