Monday, April 07, 2008

Moderating comments

I have turned comment moderation on.

It isn't because of anything inappropriate, it's simply because I discovered that people were commenting on older posts. I don't check all of the old posts on a regular basis, so I was missing some of the comments people were leaving, and I wanted to get a chance to read some of those and possibly respond. With moderation, I will now get notified when someone stops by and says something.

Thanks for all the comments.

4 comments:

Dave said...

You know, there is an option to have the comments sent to your e-mail address without moderating. That's how I catch the spammers and the people who comment on stuff I wrote last year. Just a thought.

Albatross said...

Actually, I have it set up both ways. Hopefully I will catch them now.

Kels said...

Considering how many posts you have, it's probably a good idea... I know that I sometimes go to peoples' older posts and comment on them... at least I'm not a BLOG LURKER, tho!

Albatross said...

Oh, Dave, now I see what you mean. I missed that field before since it is way at the bottom of the settings page. Moderation is now off.