Saturday, April 07, 2007

"Does Campaign Catch Phrase Cross The Line?"

If you were running for the city council of a small Texas town, and if your name was Schindler, would you ask people to put you on their "list"?

From WOAI-TV:

Billy Schindler is running is a councilman in Converse and is up for re-election. His campaign signs ask voters to add him to your list, a reference to 1993 movie title "Schindler's List." The movie documents the life of Osker Schindler, a Nazi who helped save more than 1,100 Jews during the Holocaust.

...

"I went through many years of people who had a hard time pronouncing my name and spelling it until the movie. Now I go into places, and I tell them what my name is, and I get the reference back from them 'oh, Schindler's list.' "

Would you vote for him?

No comments: